November 6 2020
build 1444 (Direct)
- Fixed some potential bugs hiding behind warnings.
- Fixed missing update functionality of version 2.3.2.
- Note: If you installed version 2.3.2 please download manually the latest version.
October 24 2020
build 1443.1 (Mac App Store)
- Update contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org, don't be shy and say hi!
- Fixed newsletter sign-up in the Help > Getting Started window.
Change of ownership
October 9 2020
- Letter Opener GmbH acquired Kaleidoscope from Hypergiant LLC.
April 17 2020
build 1442 (Direct) / 1442.1 (Mac App Store)
- Note: build 1442 (Direct) was pulled because it is missing update functionality. If you installed version 2.3.2 please download manually the latest version.
- Fixed bug in integration window
April 7 2020
build 1441 (Direct) / 1441.2 (Mac App Store)
- Fixed a crash caused by opening a zero-length text file
- Improved scrolling performance when using Find to search for text
- Minor bug fixes
February 21 2020
build 1438 (Direct)
- Improved macOS Catalina compatibility
- Notarized builds for improved security
- Fixed blurred scrollbar endcap issue on Retina displays
- Updated crash analytics package
- Minor bug fixes
November 7 2017
build 1376 (Direct) / 1376.01 (Mac App Store)
August 9 2017
build 1158 (Direct) / 1158.01 (Mac App Store)
- Note: Kaleidoscope now requires macOS 10.12 or above.
- Fixed crashes related to future macOS releases.
- Fixed an issue where the user is unnecessarily prompted to update ksdiff.
- Updated documentation.
- Added analytics to help our developers improve future releases.
May 3 2017
build 439 (Direct) / 439.01 (Mac App Store)
- New: Added support for recent macOS updates.
- Overhauled the interface to better reflect the contemporary Mac environment.
- Added stability with multiple under-the-hood improvements.
- Modernized the codebase to make future work more manageable.
- Fixed various issues related to macOS Sierra.
June 9 2015
build 219 (Direct)
- Note: We are working to get version 2.1.1 into the Mac App Store. For now, please download the direct sale version. Your purchase will carry over.
- Fixed a couple issues with our Bazaar integration instructions.
- ⌘-D now triggers the Don't Resolve button when dismissing a merge warning.
- Improved automatic graphics switching support (Early 2011 or newer MacBooks Pro): Kaleidoscope will now only use the discrete GPU when necessary.
- Updated our mechanism for purchasing a Kaleidoscope registration.
April 30 2014
build 134 (Direct) / 133.01 (Mac App Store)
- New Feature: Added support for ignoring whitespace (leading, trailing and line ending) in text comparisons.
- New Feature: Added an indicator to display remaining unresolved conflicts in a merge document.
- Text Scope
- Added dropdown menus on either side of Choose Left/Choose Right buttons to make “Choose Both” options more discoverable.
- Added better tooltips for the “Copy to” buttons when in Unified view.
- Fixed various issues with Dark Theme which made text difficult to read.
- Fixed issue where selecting different text scope views on one window could affect copy right/left buttons on other windows.
- Fixed issue where holding option to modify the behavior of copy right/left buttons on one window could affect other windows.
- Fixed issue that could prevent Kaleidoscope from picking up changes made to a document open in more than one window.
- Fixed issue that could prevent Kaleidoscope from picking up changes made to documents externally, especially on the MAS build.
- Folder Scope
- Fixed issue where sometimes Folder Scope copies would not show up correctly after the copy had taken place.
- Fixed issue where Folder Scope would not pick up external additions of empty files or directories.
- Fixed issue that caused the app to reject dragging of folders to the dock icon.
- Fixed issue that caused git integration to fail on 10.9 Mavericks.
- Fixed issue where ksdiff was sometimes not able to connect to Kaleidoscope after reboots with window restoration enabled.
- Fixed issue that where Kaleidoscope would not allow quitting when choosing “Review Conflicts” on a modified document.
- General Improvements
- Updated Automator actions to categorize correctly in Automator.
- Added support for copy/paste shortcuts in the crash reporter window.
- Kaleidoscope now avoids saving files without changes.
- Kaleidoscope will now disallow edits to files that can be read but not written to (e.g. docx files).
- Kaleidoscope now better remembers size and position of your windows.
- Fixed issue that stopped the comparison windows from minimizing when double clicking their title bar.
- Fixed issue where the path bar area could fail to update correctly when switching tabs.
- Fixed issue where clicking the dock icon would not restore minimized documents.
- Fixed issue where dragging a group of files that were already open in Kaleidoscope could cause issues resulting in not all new files being added.
- Fixed issue that made it possible for the comparison window to grow vertically offscreen on 10.9 leaving you with a window you could not reposition afterwards.
- Fixed issue that made it impossible to bring up the open dialog by clicking on an empty tab when fullscreen in 10.9.
- Fixed issue where sometimes full-screen windows would not be full-screen.
- Fixed small visual issues with the Ignored Files dialog window.
- Fixed documentation issues with ksdiff help.
- Improved Help Documentation.
- Various performance and stability fixes.
October 23 2013
- Improved compatibility with OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Improved stability
February 19 2013
- Text Scope
- Tweaked the visual appearance of the change count stepper in Text Scope.
- Fixed the "Reset Selection" menu item in Text Scope to enable and disable properly.
- The Save menu is now properly disabled when comparing text snippets.
- Fixed a bug where the summary text in document titles and tabs might not properly update.
- The Resolved document in Three Way Blocks now has better alignment with similar content in A and B.
- Kaleidoscope can now properly diff .textClipping documents.
- Folder Scope
- User-defined system date formats will now be properly used.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Folder Scope from having the correct keyboard focus by default.
- Image Scope
- Kaleidoscope now handles different color spaces more reliably in Image Scope.
- Kaleidoscope now properly accounts for camera orientation when displaying images in Image Scope.
- Improved keyboard navigation in changesets.
- Unsaved files will now be properly marked as dirty in changesets.
- Changesets now properly select the list of files on the left when opening, allowing you to quickly review changes.
- General Improvements
- Direct Sale fulfillment emails will now properly activate Kaleidoscope for users with diacritics in their names.
- Kaleidoscope will no longer move itself to ~/Applications if that folder exists. It will now move to /Applications in all cases.
- Fixed a bug that caused temporary licenses to expire one day earlier than they should have.
- Fixed a bug that caused the corner radii of windows in Full Screen to not match.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes led to poor vertical alignment in the File Shelf.
- Dragging files to Kaleidoscope will properly open to a comparison document and will no longer leave the launch window open in the background.
- Fixed a bug that caused accessing files from the Recents list to sometimes stop working.
- Improved the messaging if Kaleidoscope is unable to open a document that was previously available via AFP.
January 17, 2013
- Resets trial period for users whose trial period expired during beta
January 17, 2013
- New Feature: Added support for merging text documents using a Two-Way interface in Text Scope.
- New Feature: Added version control integration for merging and resolving conflicts using a Three-Way interface in Text Scope.
- New Feature: Folder Scope — now you can spot the differences between folders and copy files and folders between them. Double click any row to open a new comparison and look at any pair of files or folders more closely.
- New Feature: Kaleidoscope Snippets and Services
- You can now drag text and images directly into the Kaleidoscope window, or the Kaleidoscope dock icon, to create Snippets. This lets you quickly compare content without having to save and name files. Try dragging images or text directly from Safari or an email message!
- Kaleidoscope now includes OS X System Services to make you more productive. They are enabled by default, but you can manually turn them On or Off in the Keyboard section of System Preferences. You can also set global keyboard shortcuts for them in the Keyboard pane of System Preferences if you want to get to these even faster.
- Open in Kaleidoscope: Right click on any files or folders in Finder, and compare them in a single Kaleidoscope tab. This is the easiest way to compare folders!
- Text and Image Compare: Right click on text or images and send them directly to Kaleidoscope as Snippets. Try this by selecting and right clicking on any text in TextEdit, then select “Compare Text in Kaleidoscope” from the Services menu.
- New Feature: Clipboard Support
- You can use the new "Edit -> Paste as File" and "File -> New from Clipboard" menu items to compare directly from the Clipboard. This works similarly to the drag and drop Snippets functionality. Use this to quickly create a new comparison document or to add existing text or images to an open document.
- New Feature: Kaleidoscope now supports resolving merge conflicts for images.
- New Feature: Added support for Full Screen on Lion and Mountain Lion.
- Full support for Macs with Retina displays.
- Substantially updated and modernized user interface.
- Added support for sending arbitrary changesets and partial changsets with ksdiff.
- Added support for arbitrary merges and diffs using ksdiff.
- Integration with third-party tools now requires installation of the ksdiff command-line tool from the Integration window. You can find the Integration window by selecting “Integration” from the “Kaleidoscope” menu.
- Stability improvements and bug fixes to ksdiff.
- General bug fixes and stability improvements.