(2022) Direct - (2022.01) App Store
November 15, 2021
- (Direct only) Improve the Register Kaleidoscope window with additional details
- Items opened as part of a folder comparison no longer get added to the Recent Documents menu
- The "Open in New Window" option in the open dialog is now off by default, restoring previous behavior
- Fix a sporadic crash when closing documents while scrolling
- Fix a regression in the Integration window
- Fix a text color issue in dark mode
(2020) Direct - (2020.01) App Store
November 10, 2021
- Integration with IDEs from JetBrains, like IntelliJ IDEA, AppCode, PhpStorm and others. Open Kaleidoscope > Integration… for details.
- Fix crash on switching views in three way merge.
- Fix ksdiff to include Apple silicon (Apple M1 chip) support.
- Fix ksdiff to continue without waiting for stdin pipe to close with new --no-stdin option.
(2018) Direct - (2018.01) App Store
October 25, 2021
- On macOS Monterey, Shortcuts support is here with two actions: Compare Files and Compare Text
- Install the sample shortcut, offering a useful Quick Action for the Finder
- Open Kaleidoscope > Integration… to learn more.
(2017) Direct - (2017.01) App Store
October 20, 2021
- Major fidelity improvements to the copy operation in folder compare. A huge thanks to Mike for helping us track this down.
- Improved color contrast for text in Dark Appearance.
- Ongoing UI consistency updates. Thanks Matt!
- Fix an issue where the popup menus next to the Choose A and Choose B buttons were missing in three way merge.
- Fixed the underlying issue for an This app needs to be updated system alert on macOS 12, making it unnecessary and not appear.
- Fixed an issue that could make one side of the Folder compare disappear unexpectedly in certain rare situations.
(2013) Direct - (2012.01) App Store
October 6, 2021
- Major Changes
- First big interface redesign in 8 years, including a new app icon. Kaleidoscope now feels at home on macOS Big Sur and macOS Monterey.
- Gorgeous new dark appearance for those who like it darker.
- Runs natively on alls Macs, including those based on Apple silicon (Apple M1 chip).
- Reader View that lets you focus on the content.
- Much more control over how text is laid out: Better font options, choose your preferred tab width, line height, hide all invisibles, and turn off line numbers if you don’t need them.
- Convenient filtering of items in changeset windows.
- Git changesets now recognize moved files.
- Ability to ignore particular folders and files in folder compare using powerful patterns.
- Powerful integration with Alfred.
- New consistent top toolbar with convenient Add and Paste buttons.
- New look for the Unified text view.
- Binary plists are now supported (including webloc files).
- Rebuilt the File Shelf from the ground up.
- Switch between absolute and relative image rendering directly from the menu.
- Progress feedback when adding a second folder to the folder scope.
- Proper sorting of the sidebar in changeset windows.
- Option to turn off wrapping around when jumping through changes/conflicts.
- Way too many to note individually.